Tuesday, June 5, 2007

7. Confessions of a Traffic Warden

I watched the program last night - I'm guessing this is the one tha Bill Stickers was talking about some months back when it was in production. To say the show was one sided is a bit of an understatement, and it certainly has done nothing at all to improve our lot out there. I'm just mighty glad I'm not in for a few days as I would expect shedloads of grief after that.

I've never taken a 'vendetta' out on anyone - If I get a 'challenge' I will do my utmost to win it, but once only, just to prove my point. As for the freebies - what bloody freebies ??. We regularly use the same few cafes (those that we feel welcome in) and while it has been known for the price of a coffee to be adjusted slightly (we buy in bulk) I've never been offered free food or anything like that - and wouldn't accept it even if I was.

I do tend to agree with the guy who ticketed 40+ cars on Christmas Eve though - I really cannot see why we should 'look the other way' just because its Christmas when most of the motorists are really taking the P by parking wherever they want and not expecting tickets - having said that I don't think I would issue that amount, I'd just stick to the 'cough cough' target 'cough cough'

No comments: